so, i am really excited to share my new diy with you guys! i created this beauty for my very first guest blogger post over at curbly! loving the mid century modern vibe it is giving! so get your wooden clothespins and embroidery hoops ready (oh yeah!) and get ready! and i hope to see a lot of photos of this starburst/ sunburst... whatever you prefer to call it... on pinterest... i'm just sayin'....
So, if you love it too... here's all you need:
Supplies and Tools (under $10):
- 96 wood clothespins (I got mine at Kmart for a whopping $3.99 per pack of 96)
- embroidery hoops (I had left overs from some wood veneer pendant lights I made a couple of months ago. The smallest hoop measures 5" diameter, the medium hoop is 10" and the large is 15" )
- a can of spray paint (I used Rust-O-Leum Specialty Metallic paint in shiny gold)
- thin brass wire
And here's what you do:
- Clip the clothespins around the wooden hoops
- Spray paint the hoops with clothespins attached
- Make it as big or small as you'd like, I originally planned on 2 hoops but got so excited I decided to use all 96 clothespins and add a 3rd! My final piece measures 20" diameter
- Connect the hoops with thin brass wire
- Hang this fabulous creation on your wall (you can connect the hoops with wire like I did or you can just scatter them if you prefer)!
And this could also be pretty awesome as a table centerpiece with a pillar candle set in the center (perfect for the coming holidays!) or you can set a round mirror in the center!
until next time!
the (formerly almost) 40 year old intern