Back to the office... I had the brilliant (if I do say so myself) idea to frame actual troll dolls in an installation to look like groovy modern art. Frankly the look and the colors of Trolls just lend themselves to it! So she gave me 15 dolls to work with and I went to town.
- shadow box frames (I used the very affordable Ribba frames from Ikea)
- Troll dolls (or any other cool doll will do!)
- matte board
- strong needle & thread
- Remove the glass from each of the frames. In my opinion it looks a lot cooler when the dolls aren't hidden under the glass.
- Cut plain white matte board to fit inside each frame
- Find the center of the board and make 4 tiny holes with your needle and begin sewing each troll to the board
- Place it inside the frame
- Hang on the wall and do a little happy dance because it looks super fabulous!
For those of you just tuning in and wanting to know more about me you can by going here... and you can read about the start of my journey as an interior design intern here and if you didn't already know... I created a facebook page... check it out and "like" it! and follow me on twitter and you can even follow my boards on pinterest too!
until next time...
the formerly almost 40 year old intern